The ethos of the house is reflected in the 'Immanuel' programme which will run for six
months of the year.
Structured on the Franciscan 'way' of Prayer, Study and Work the programme invites participants to explore their inner journey
creatively and imaginatively.
Bonaventure the great Franciscan Saint and Scholar refers to this inner journey as our search for 'The Eternal Art'.
The programme includes;
- Preached retreats
- Dream workshops
- The Soul's Journey
- The Prophetic Voice
- The Tree of Life
Full programme details available on request.
The work of the house is two-fold: Firstly, to provide a Christian Retreat for staying guests; Secondly, to provide a Christian Centre for
members of the local community.
For the local community:
- A quiet garden
- Meeting for small groups (25)
- Meals and refreshments
The view from the house is glorious, overlooking Lough Swilly with the Derryveagh Mountain range beyond.
The house is situated adjacent to a working farm within a rural farming community in the hills of Donegal.
How to get to Orchard House
By Bus: Bus Eireann from all major airports to Letterkenny, 9 miles from Ramelton.
By Car: From Dublin N2. From Belfast A6. From Derry N13.
For Further Information on Rates/Availability or Programme details please contact:
Sue & Harry Grier
Christian Retreat Centre
(00353) 0749 152 534
Orchard House offers:
- Comfortable accommodation comprising of four twin and two single rooms
- Wholesome country-style food, either home produced or sourced locally
- Indoor and outdoor space for prayer and reflection
- Fruit orchards
- A library area
- A fully equipped Art/Craft workshop (opening in 2010)
- 'Immanuel' a retreat programme offered for six months of the year
- Opportunities for anyone who wishes to become involved as Friend of the project through:
- Giving of time, energy or skills
- To invest in this 'Work in Progress'